Habasit Chronology and Milestones from 1946 to the Present
|2010 - present|
2016 Incorporation of affiliate in Brazil.
Joint venture with Rocua Internacional S.A., Mexico.
2015 Acquisition of Schermer Transportbanden, specialized producer of
2014 Complete take-over of the Indo-Swiss company Habasit-Iakoka in Coimbatore, India.
2013 Acquisition of Tasman Belting,
2012 Achieved Environmental Management System certification ISO 14001:2004 for producing unit Reinach, Switzerland.
Habasit wins the International FoodTec Award 2012 in
Brislach Weaving Center:
2011 Introduction of the Habasit Green Concept: respect for the Earth,
2010 Acquisition of Italian gear motor manufacturer Rossi Motoriduttori, Modena.
|2000 - 2009|
2008 Start of development and production of positive drive conveyor belts (Habasit Cleandrive).
2007 Total revision of the 4000 mm melting
Inauguration of the Modular Belt Innovation Center at Reinach, Switzerland (application and test center).
2006 Start of development and production of timing belts (HabaSYNC).
Acquisition of US modular and spiral belt manufacturer KVP Inc., Reading, Pennsylvania.
2005 Start of slat and conveyor chain production (HabaCHAIN).
2004 Joint venture with Italian gear motor manufacturer Rossi Motoriduttori, Modena.
2002 Awarded quality certification ISO 9001:2000.
2001 Acquisition of UK conveyor belt manufacturer Charles Walker Ltd, of Bingley.
2000 Start development and production of plastic modular belts (HabasitLINK).
|1990 - 1999|
1998 Acquisition of Italian mold manufacturer and injection-molding company Plastomeccanica S.p.A., of Vittorio, Veneto.
1997 Acquisition of US belt manufacturer Globe International Inc., of Buffalo, New York.
1996 Achieved quality certification ISO 9001:1994.
Joint venture with Indian spindle tape manufacturer Iakoka, of Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Acquisition of US seamless belt manufacturer ABT Inc., of Middletown, Connecticut.
Acquisition of Swiss weaving company Haener AG, of Brislach, (Basel Land), enabling in-house production of high-tech fabrics up to 4000 mm width.
1995 Acquisition of Italian conveyor belt manufacturer Cobelt S.r.l., of Valdengo, near Biella.
1994 Incorporation of affiliate in Taiwan.
1992 May 28, death of Habasit’s founder Fernand Habegger.
|1980 - 1989|
1989 Incorporation of affiliate in Singapore.
Inauguration of the world’s largest melting calender, and extension of production width to 4000 mm.
1988 First double belt press ordered.
1987 Awarded quality certification ISO 9002/EN 29001.
1986 Incorporation of affiliates in Belgium and the Netherlands.
TQM (Total Quality Management) program begins.
1985 Construction starts of building for 4000 mm production with heat and solvent recovery for coating and melting machinery.
1981 Incorporation of affiliate in Norway.
1980 Opening of new building for inventory.
Creation of “Art & Culture” working group to support employee identity and integration; awareness of work environment; and art, culture, family and leisure activities.
|1970 - 1979|
1978 Incorporation of affiliate in France.
Buildings extended for production and fabrication.
1976 Incorporation of affiliate in Italy.
1975 New building with offices and staff apartments opens.
1974 New building opens for larger production-width machinery; new production of 2400 mm widths begins.
Incorporation of affiliate in Germany.
1972 Incorporation of affiliate in Brazil.
1971 Building extension for administration, staff restaurant, production, and R&D.
1970 New office building opens.
|1960 - 1969|
1969 Incorporation of
1968 Incorporation of affiliates in Japan and Spain.
1967 Incorporation of affiliates in Canada, Austria, Sweden, and the USA.
Technology change: move from 600 mm production width to 1200 mm.
1966 Shortage of space leads to
1965 Incorporation of Habasit Holding AG.
Habasit AG becomes an affiliated company of Habasit Holding AG.
Incorporation of first foreign affiliate: Habasit (GB) Ltd., in the UK.
1961 March 31, funds raised from private investors to set up Habasit’s own international sales organization.
1950 - 1959
1959 Start of construction of new buildings for production and administration in Reinach (Basel-Land) and successively moving to Reinach.
1958 After several renovations and reconstructions within Basel it was necessary to relocate outside of Basel.
1953 Entry into the spindle tape and machine tape market.
First venture into conveyor belt manufacturing.
1951 Conversion of the private firm into a stock corporation: Habasit-Werk AG.
1950 Move to a former soap factory at Bläsiring 86, Basel.
|1946 - 1949|
1948 November 15, wedding of Alice Fluck and Fernand Habegger.
1946 March 1, foundation of Habasit Technical Office by Fernand Habegger and Alice Fluck (later Mrs. Habegger) in Basel, with offices at Freie Strasse 15, and a workshop at Obere Rebgasse 42. With its main focus on power transmission belts and conveyor belts, Habasit offers technical support and consulting, and sells machines, tools, and innovative technical products.
June 29, registration of the Habasit trademark (first logo).